Auctions are a fun way to BUY and SAVE, but many people aren't quite sure how they work. This guide has been designed to assist you in your vehicle purchase.
Expect a great time, a great vehicle and great savings - but don't expect a miracle. Be realistic when previewing our inventory. Unfortunately, a loaded 2003 Mercedes ML320 can't be bought for $2,000. Some individuals/agencies/companies providing our vehicles have reserve prices that we must respect. We are honest with our customers. We couldn't stay in business without a "bottom line".
There are seven easy steps to buying a quality used vehicle at Beaumont Dealers Auction. Follow each step and you will be driving off in a great car!
1. Register - The Sooner The Better! The very first thing you must do is fill out and return our registration packet. The earlier you can get your packet turned in (before the auction) the better! There are a few "necessities" - you must be at least 18 years of age with a valid drivers license, you must submit proof of insurance for vehicle registration purposes, and you must have a valid & functioning contact phone number and email address. You will be issued your Bidder Badge onc3e the registration process is complete and approved. You will also be issued a badge for your guest. DO NOT GIVE YOUR BADGE TO SOMEONE ELSE. Badges will be checked upon entering the building on auction day.
2. Think About A Budget Begin your vehicle purchase process by figuring out exactly how much you want to spend. Keep this budget in mind when you visit with your bank or credit union and when you preview our vehicles. Please remember....we must charge a 10% buyer's premium on each purchase as well as sales tax, doc fees and various other government fees. Add those into your arbitrary budget. Please see our EXAMPLE of Pricing for a Texas Resident.
3. Obtain Financial Backing and Solidify Your Budget Now that you know how much you want to spend, it's time to see how much you actually CAN spend. Like most of us, you may not have enough cash to pay for a vehicle in full, so call your bank or credit union for financial assistance. Once you have been pre-approved, it's time to find your perfect car. If you plan on financing your purchase, this must be handled prior to the auction. You cannot bid on a vehicle, THEN get financed.
4. Preview Auction Inventory Our lot is open to the public for preview on Tuesday (the day of the auction) beginning at 12:00 PM. This is your time to locate one or two vehicle options. Look carefully at each vehicle as they are sole "AS IS, WHERE IS". You will be able to start the vehicle and try all mechanical options such as air conditioners and power windows. Be sure to thoroughly inspect the vehicles. We want you to know exactly what you are buying. Take this time to ask questions of our friendly staff. They will be pleased to answer any inquiries you may have.
5. Bring a mechanic to our lot to inspect your vehicle choices We encourage you to thoroughly inspect the vehicles as each is sold "AS IS, WHERE IS". All sales are final. The professional mechanics in BDA's Service Department are available to inspect your vehicle choices for a fee of $75.
6. Bid And Buy Each car will run by the auction block one at a time. Please only bid on the vehicle you are certain you want to buy. When your vehicle comes through, listen carefully to the auctioneer. He will begin bidding at a random price. Raise you hand high in the air when you accept the amount announced. Another interested party or two may follow your bid. Continue to bid on your vehicle until either the bidding has gone beyond your budget or until YOU'VE BOUGHT THE CAR! When the auctioneer declares SOLD, you will come up to the auction block and sign the bill of sale.
Any customer backing out of a sale will lose their deposit. Please do not try to back out of a sale, we hate to see you lose money. We'd rather everyone have a positive experience.
7. Visit the Front Desk A friendly staff member of the auction will escort you to the front desk where you must immediately pay your vehicle deposit. This deposit is based on the bid amount of the vehicle. If you intend to take the vehicle with you on the night of the auction, then payment in full and verification of insurance coverage will be expected before the vehicle is released. If you do not pay for the winning bid in full on the night of the auction, you have until 4pm on Wednesday, the day following the sale, to bring your payment in full. If payment is not received by this time, your deposit will be forfeited. At the time of payment you will receive a Bill of Sale, Purchase Order Agreement and your Temporary Tags. We will schedule a convenient time for you to return and sign the necessary paperwork for registration and title transfer. We have until 20 working days after the sale to complete this process. Remember: proof of insurance must be provided before a vehicle can be released.